This September, we’re so excited to be partnering with the APA and NCDD to host the first annual Conference on Virtual Public Engagement for Transportation Planning. The one-day event is the only Conference of it’s kind, covering digital community engagement with a focus on transportation planning.
From keynote sessions to early bird registration, here’s everything you need to know about this groundbreaking event that we’ve got planned for you and your team this fall…
A few important details to start:
- The one-day conference will take place virtually on Tuesday, September 28th from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm EST.
- This event will be geared towards DOTs, MPOs and consulting firms active in transportation planning.
- Our conference website is LIVE and early bird registration is now open until Saturday, August 14th. Secure your spot today!
- We have special pricing for groups, so you can bring your whole team!
- Sessions will be eligible for AICP certification maintenance credit, available through the APA.
A deep dive into the transforming landscape of digital community engagement.
Events in the last year and a half have showed planners nationwide that it’s not only possible for public engagement to go digital, but that it can address some of the challenges that in-person engagement has always faced. Increasingly, it’s a shift that’s here to stay.
With a reputation for top-notch educational content, and a responsibility to stay on top of best practices in this exciting industry, it gives us great pleasure to host this conference and guide a deep dive into the transforming landscape of online engagement.
From tools, strategies and best practices for large-scale and inclusive public participation, to effective techniques for measuring success and reporting on community input, this one-day conference will uncover how to develop actionable and equitable plans that align with community needs and help get projects approved with the backing of strong public support.
Throughout the day, you can look forward to:
- Attending interactive sessions uncovering the most effective techniques for virtual public engagement
- Learning from practical case studies from state-level DOTs, local agencies, and consulting firms
- Engaging with leading planners and engagement practitioners
- Networking with hundreds of peers in transportation planning
- Earning AICP CM credit
Speakers & sessions:
Featuring industry experts from DOTs, state and local agencies and some of the nation’s top planning firms, the conference will feature a diverse line-up of speakers telling their success stories and lessons learned.
Throughout the day, our hosts will guide you through several thought-provoking sessions related to four core topics in the realm of online engagement:
- Digital Community Engagement: Community engagement has shifted in the last year and a half, with restrictions of the pandemic creating innovation and a rapid shift into the online space. Agencies and firms across the nation have been faced with new challenges and measures of success around community engagement.
- Data Analysis and Insights: The growing role of data in public engagement, particularly as it relates to actionable insights and impact on planning, bears examination. Data from public input to demographic data that leads to an equitable balance of outcomes, can be more easily gathered and analyzed in the digital age.
- Equity and Diversity: Systemic inequalities have been pushed to the forefront of public awareness. With understanding of the mandates of public engagement around equity and Title VI, public engagement practitioners and planners need more ways to address underserved populations and unequal access.
- Promotional Strategies: As the increasingly virtual engagement landscape complicates and provides new tools for planners, new and old strategies around promotional tactics have emerged. Social media, physical mail and community partnerships are just some strategies to reach your community.
Don’t miss out! Join us in September to reap the benefits of a whole day of guided exploration, networking opportunities, sessions with top industry experts and actionable takeaways that will support your team in its virtual engagement journey.
Stay tuned for more information about how to make the most of a virtual event, conference speakers, sessions and more.
If you have any questions concerning the conference, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
Early Bird Pricing Now Open!