Make an impact - help create better communities by engaging thousands!
MetroQuest delivers popular online engagement software that generates the broadest, most actionable public support for the success of community and transportation plans. Help us create better communities by empowering agencies to engage thousands in urban planning!
Offered as an annual SaaS (Software as a Service) subscription, MetroQuest is the community survey software of choice for US DOTs (departments of transportation), cities, counties, and North America's leading planning, engineering, and public engagement firms.
The GovTech industry is growing and the new MetroQuest SaaS platform is quickly gaining market traction. Be part of this feel-good Vancouver success story. Take your career to the next level by becoming part of the team that delivers the most optimized online community engagement experience in the market.
Front-End Software Engineer
The Front-End Software Development Engineer will be a highly visible role that will tackle many of the company’s tougher technical challenges. You will develop applications, tools, and solutions end-to-end. You will have an opportunity to create your own components, choose the most appropriate libraries and leverage them to build solutions that span globally into many geographical regions. Come join our high-impact team of dedicated engineers and help shape the success of our company.
What you will do
- Build reliable software solutions and build/maintain applications for our domain’s organization.
- Design and drive the implementation of the tech stack with an emphasis on performance and high-quality.
- Write code, innovate, and deliver systems using cloud-based solutions with React.
- Understand all components of the stack in detail to build end-to-end user experience for users.
- Be part of a learning culture, take training courses regularly and share the knowledge with your colleagues.
- Work with algorithms, data structures, and performance optimization techniques for fast use cases.
- Participate in design and code reviews, user experience sessions, automated testing, continuous integration, and continuous deployment.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a directly related field plus 3 years of experience with designing and implementing software applications.
Who you are
- 2+ years of relevant full-time software engineering experience coding with React.
- Experience with Sass/LESS and CSS methodologies.
- Strong foundation in common algorithms, software designs, data structures and React components.
- Familiarity with Agile (Scrum) software development.
- Familiarity with Git/GitHub or other version control systems.
- Knowledge of JIRA or other software process management systems.
- Experience with CI/CD tools and standard methodologies (Jenkins, Pipelines).
- Understand databases (MSSQL and MySQL) and Data Modeling.
Nice to have
- Knowledge of C# language.
- Experience interacting with RESTful APIs.
- Experience with containerization software, including Docker and Kubernetes, and public cloud services like Azure.
Consider applying to the position if you are interested, even you do not fulfill all the requirements. You never know, you might be the best candidate out there.
MetroQuest is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Salary Range: $70,000 - $80,000
Location: Vancouver, BC Area
Our “COCO” values are core to how we treat teach other, how we work for our customers, how we made decisions, why we come to work, and how we’re able to deliver the best survey solutions for online public engagement!
We support and encourage one another, giving more than we expect. We’re inclusive, open, and transparent. We are all equals, collaborating with colleagues and peers beyond our walls because great ideas are everywhere.
We take pride in delivering world-class public engagement solutions – we’re driven by this greater purpose. We obsess over quality until customers are delighted. We always keep the customer in mind and at heart.
We empower clients to reach extraordinary levels of engagement. We achieve greatness together, and we celebrate success together. We’re passionate about results and generous with encouragement.
WE OWN IT!!! We love our work because we welcome initiative, courage, and play. Going above and beyond is part of our everyday. We grow as individuals when we’re resourceful, take ownership, and get things done.