Online Public Involvement Tools for Transportation Agencies: Rationale, Best Practices, and Case Studies
Date: Thursday, May 7, 2015
Time: 1:00 – 2:30 P.M. ET
Registration link: Registration now closed
Registration for the FHWA/FTA webinar on public involvement this week is now full – if you are interested in future webinars, please email email@example.com.
We will update this post with a recorded version of this webinar after May 7th.
The Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) Office of Planning and Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Office of Planning and Environment are sponsoring an upcoming Transportation Planning Information Exchange Webinar. Speakers from the FHWA and the FTA, as well as staff from various organizations, will provide information on Public Involvement Tools for Transportation Agencies.
Topic to be Discussed:
Presenters will discuss public involvement tools. The purpose of this webinar is to:
1) Introduce the benefits of online public involvement for transportation agencies;
2) Explore the range of online public involvement tools; and
3) Provide case studies demonstrating planning situations in which each tool can be used.
• Dave Biggs, Chief Engagement Officer, MetroQuest
• Jessica Clark, Transportation Planning Manager, Pennsylvania Department of Transportation
• Lynn Merenda, Community Planner/Public Engagement Specialist, Hillsborough Metropolitan Planning Organization for Transportation (Tampa, FL)
The presentations and discussions will be followed by a question and answer session.