The webinar showcases a wide range of outstanding planning projects throughout Southern California. Our special guests from the Southern California Association of Governments join us to talk about the LA/San Bernardino Inter-County Transit & Rail Study, one of the most innovative and successful outreach efforts we’ve seen. They discuss the innovative ways they combined online and targeted face to face community engagement to involve community members to help inform the plan. They also share advice for agencies seeking to improve the diversity and effectiveness of their community engagement efforts and talk about the positive difference that broad community support is making as they move forward.
Feedback from participants
“Very informative webinar exploring how planners can improve the typical community engagement process.”
“Great webinar for public outreach. Very interesting. The tool looks very effective!”
“Great presentation–tips provided by Dave Biggs were very useful.”
“One of the better webinars I’ve heard. Graphics were great.”
“The newest concepts in outreach are well worth reviewing, and the variety of tailored outreach options is impressive.”
“Public engagement has always been a tough job. This webinar was great – highlights quickly what is working”
Average rating: 4.6/5 stars
Date: Available On-Demand
Fee: no charge
Who Should Watch It?
This session is designed for:
- Planning project leaders & staff,
- Public Information Officers, and
- Outreach and engagement personnel.
- What to look for when selecting online engagement tools for planning projects,
- How to design a fast and effective online experience,
- How to collect meaningful public feedback that is directly usable in planning documents,
- How to promote online participation,
- How to leverage mobile, touchscreen kiosks and other technologies effectively, and
- How to leverage social networking tools strategically.